Prerequisite for entry
Successful completion of level 5.
10 x 2-hour classes.
Aims and objectives
The aim of the course is to enable students to develop Japanese language proficiency by reviewing and grammar, vocabulary, kanji and idiom (kanyouku). This is a final preparation course before moving on to the proficiency level.
- Various activities to improve skills for Kanji reading and writing by using newspapers, magazines and course books.
- Various activities to improve skills for conversation, presentation and speech.
Main topics/themes to be covered:
Topics / themes in many areas to improve writing, reading, listening and speaking skills.
Linguistic structures/ Phonetics
Sophisticated rules of the pronunciation of Spoken Japanese.
- Review of intermediate grammar
- Acquisition of advanced grammar
- Course books: various text books including Minna no Nihongo and Translation & Grammatical notes (Chukyu: Intermediate Level 1) published by 3A Corporation are used. Also articles from newspapers and magazines are used in exercises.
In addition there is a wide range of language learning materials for self-study in the Self-Access Centre.