The terms and conditions for Laidlaw Scholars are listed below. By submitting an application, you agree to be bound by these.
Terms and Conditions for Laidlaw Scholars
This scheme is only open for applications from full time students in their first year of undergraduate study at UCL. By submitting an application to become a Laidlaw Scholar, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Failure to comply could result in the withholding of some financial benefits from the scheme and/or with the loss of your place on the scheme.
Each scholar agrees to:
- Attend the mandatory development events throughout their time as a scholar. The mandatory events are six days’ of leadership training, and two six-week summer research projects. Prior permission for unavoidable absence must be sought from the Programme Manager or Academic Director.
- Undertake the work necessary to complete the research projects.
- Respond to communication from the scheme coordinators over the summer project period and during term-time.
- Attend research project meetings with the project supervisor/mentor and report on progress as agreed.
- Provide a project report at the end of each period of research work by 20 September; this report will be signed off by the project supervisor and emailed to the Laidlaw Programme Manager.
- Join the Laidlaw Scholars private social group – allowing individuals to network with other scholars from their own and other universities, to share their experiences, answer questions and act as mentors to new cohorts.
- Be open to participate in the production of content to be used on the Laidlaw Scholars website, and potentially be used for marketing the programme.
- Keep the Laidlaw Scholars Programme Manager updated with their progress and career information following graduation.
- Give back to scholars of the future by acting as a mentor.
- Provide email addresses to the CEO of the Laidlaw programme.
All information you provide to us will be held and processed in accordance with UCL's Student Privacy Notice.