The security briefs summarise contemporary knowledge on security issues and review solutions which help to improve the way we think about - and deal with - such threats to security
Each topic is written by someone with intimate knowledge of studying the security issue, and reviewed by a member of our editorial board.
The topics are distilled into five one-page briefs which can be read individually or as a package. They are structured as follows:
- The summary brief condenses all the key points onto one page;
- The topic overview brief provides a definition of the security issue, discusses the threats caused by the phenomena and outlines the objectives of related research;
- The analysis brief focuses on more specific detail regarding the security issue and outlines what we know from analysis and research;
- The new knowledge brief presents research findings which may contribute towards a new solution to the security issue;
- The resources brief signposts the reader to further material and online resources that can extend the reader's knowledge of the security issue.
- Visual inspection with X-rays:
- Scenario based risk assessment: