The Dawes Centre aims to influence real world policy and our outputs include contributions to government policy reviews.
We publish an annual report each year, which outlines our research.
Publications and articles
Published research articles and other publications will be added here and can also be found via the relevant research projects.
- Johnson, S.D., Blythe, J.M., Manning, M., & Wong, G.T.W. (2020). The impact of IoT security labelling on consumer product choice and willingness to pay. PLoS ONE.
- Blythe, J.M., Sombatruang, N., & Johnson, S.D. (2019). What security features and crime prevention advice is communicated in consumer IoT device manuals and support pages? Journal of Cybersecurity, 5(1).
- Blythe, J.M., Johnson, S.D. (2019). A systematic review of crime facilitated by consumer Internet of Things. Security Journal.
- Blythe, J.M., & Johnson, S.D. (2018). The Consumer Security Index for IoT: A protocol for developing an index to improve consumer decision making and to incentivize greater security provision in IoT devices. IET Conference.
- Blythe, J.M., & Johnson, S.D. (2018). Rapid evidence assessment on labelling schemes and implications for consumer IoT security. DCMS: London.
- Blythe, J.M., Johnson, S.D., & Manning, M. (2019). What is security worth to consumers? Investigating willingness to pay for secure Internet of Things devices. Crime Science.
- Frith, M.J., Simon, M., Davies, T., Braithwaite, A., & Johnson, S.D. (2019). Spatial interaction and security: a review and case study of the Syrian refugee crisis. Interdisciplinary Science Reviews, 44(3-4), 328-341.
- Johnson, S.D., Ekblom, P., Laycock, G., Frith, M.J., Sombatraung, N., Valdez, E.R. (2019). Future Crime. In R. Wortley, Sidebttom, A., Tilley, N., and Laycock, G. (Eds.). Routledge Handbook of Crime Science. Routledge.
- Llinares, M.L. and Johnson, S.D. (2017). Cybercrime and Place Applying Environmental Criminology to Crimes in Cyberspace. In G Bruinsma and S Johnson (Eds.) Handbook of Environmental Criminology. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Shukla, M., Johnson, S.D., & Jones, P. (2019, June). Does the NIS implementation strategy effectively address cyber security risks in the UK?. In 2019 International Conference on Cyber Security and Protection of Digital Services (Cyber Security) (pp. 1-11). IEEE.