International Student Support


Working after your studies

If you are a Tier 4 visa holder you will initially be able to work in the UK full-time once you have completed your studies, your completion date is defined as the completion date of your course stated on your CAS statement. You will be able to work for a maximum of 4 months after the completion date of your course or up until the expiry of your visa, whichever is soonest. You will still be under the same Tier 4 restrictions on the type of work you can undertake during this period.

If you wish to remain in the UK beyond that period and are not a European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national then you will need to apply for visa permission to do so. Please note, you will only be able to make a new visa application once you have your final degree results confirmed by the university.

The most commonly available visa routes for graduates to work in the UK are as follows:

Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
Tier 2 (General)
Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)