International Student Support


ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme)

If you are not from the European Economic Area or Switzerland and are planning to study in the areas of Science, Engineering and Technology on a programme of 6 months or more in duration you may be required to apply for clearance under the Academic Technology Approval Scheme

Does my programme need ATAS?
Tier 4 visa applicants who require ATAS
Non-Tier 4 students who require ATAS
Resits and extensions
Students who already have an ATAS certificate
How can I obtain an ATAS certificate?

You can find further information about ATAS on the gov.uk website.