About Staff WTS
There are two versions of WTS currently available: Staff WTS 2010 and Staff
WTS 2000. This service available to any member of UCL staff with
a valid userid and password.
It is available for use in departments, from your home computer or from anywhere in the world as long as you have access to a web browser and Internet connection.
What are the differences between Staff WTS 2010 and 2000?
Staff WTS is the updated version of WTS 2000. As part of a roll-out programme, departments are given access to Staff WTS 2010 when they have been migrated to live@ucl.
Staff WTS 2010 has Microsoft 2010 installed, but does not have the wide range of applications currently still available in Staff WTS 2000 only.
What are the benefits?
Using Staff WTS will give you:
- Access to a Windows 2010/2000 desktop.
- Centrally managed software, including Microsoft Office suite, Firefox, Oracle Calendar (central diary software) and lots more.
- You will have access to your own personal space on the Central Filestore. It is also possible to set up a shared drive (S: drive) for your department.
- All central networked drives are backed up every night so ISD can provide file restores for you if you ever need them.
- You will also be able to print to networked or local printers through Staff WTS. We will only support printers that we have tested and recommended for the Staff WTS system.
- Up-to-date anti virus protection.
- Access to a number of reserved applications which may require additional authorisation e.g. Payroll, NewFIS and RAE. E-mail email@example.com for registration details.
- Support from the ISD Service Desk and more.
Do I need to Register?
All new staff are automatically registered for a Main UCL central computer account, even if the intention is to use local departmental facilities.
Please note: Honorary members of staff are not automatically registered. If you are an honorary member of staff and would like a computer account, registration is via your departmental computer representative. If you do not know who this is, you should contact the ISD Service Desk.
Page last modified on 06 sep 11 15:13