Information Services Division


Services System Guidance

This page provides guidance on using the UCL Services System.

Who can use the Services System?

The system is available to staff who need to create records for departmental visitors and/or request access to services.

There are 3 types of departmental user:

  • Departmental Administrator: can create visitor records and request services for all people in their department (or group of departments).
  • Computer Rep: can request computer accounts for people in their department (or group of departments). Reps can also access the Computer Reps tool, MyAccount Token Generation and the UCL Guest wireless access service once registered.
  • Telecoms Rep: can request telephone extensions for people in their department.

Registration requires authorisation by Head of Department using the Services System Registration form. Further details are available on the How to Register... page.

Visitor types

What types of visitors can I record in the Services System?

The Services System allows you to record details of visitors to your department. There are different types of status that you can select for your visitor depending on what their association with UCL will be during their visit.

See the list of different visitor types


Services and service providers

What services can I request?

As well as recording details of visitors to your department, the Services System can be used to request access to UCL services for them. This is in addition to the services that may be provided automatically depending on a visitor's status. You can also make or revoke service requests for Staff and Students in your department. 

See the list of different available services

Who are the Service Providers?

The Services System is used to make requests for services but it doesn't actually provide them itself. If you have any queries about the specific services - such as whether or not you will be charged for them; if a particular person is entitled to have them; how long they will take to provide; or if they're not working properly, contact the relevant Service Provider.

See the list of service providers and their contact details

Eligibility and entitlement

Which visitors are entitled to which services?

Different types of visitor are entitled to different types of service. Additionally, some services may need to be paid for by the department.

See a table of entitlements for different services for each status a person may have at UCL.

More Help and Advice

If the information here doesn't answer your queries, try:

Any queries regarding the Services System should be sent to: upi-services-system@ucl.ac.uk