A persona enables the visualisation of the requirements, goals and tasks of a real website user.
They are particularly useful when planning a new website or a website redesign.
Planning a website
They enable the website planner to work out
- the main tasks to be carried out on the site;
- the user journeys across the site;
- the content those users will require;
- how the site should be structured.
User research at UCL
Following user research across UCL, 9 personas were developed covering the main UCL website user groups:
- Current Undergraduate (pdf)
- Prospective Undergraduate (pdf)
- Current Postgraduate (pdf)
- Prospective Postgraduate (pdf)
- UCL Audience Group (pdf)
- Academic Staff Member (pdf)
- Professional Staff Member (pdf)
- Research Funder (pdf)
- Current PhD Student (pdf)
- Alumnus (pdf)
If you would like help with modifying these personas to suit your local needs, or creating new personas, please contact email@example.com