This course is aimed at staff who would like to learn how to use Moodle, UCL's Virtual Learning Environment.
This course provides an introduction to UCL Moodle and e-learning and provides the basic skills required to set up a course in Moodle. Even if you have used Moodle at a previous institution you will still benefit from learning about UCL specific processes, such as enrolments and snapshots.
The topics covered will include the following:
- An overview of the UCL Moodle Virtual Learning Environment
- An introduction to the UCL Baseline and Accessibility design
- Navigating and helping your students orient themselves on Moodle courses
- Creating your course homepage and adding content (text, images and links)
- Uploading and adding files into your Moodle course
- Adding activities to a Moodle course including Learning forums and other engagement tools.
- How to enrol your students
- You will be given your own test Moodle course for use during the training course and afterwards.
There are no specific prerequisites, but file management skills and familiarity with the web would be extremely useful.
Getting Started with Moodle is a trainer-led course delivered face-to-face in one 3 hour session.
For further information, see also our FAQs page about booking.
UCL employees - free of charge.
Please note: Note that failure to attend the course without at least 3 working days' notice of cancellation will result in your department being charged £50.