If your department is planning to move offices, we will require time to schedule the work needed.
How much notice do I need to give ISD?
Below is a list of the minimum notice required for each type of move, where more than one applies, you should use the longest notice period:
- A move within the same floor of a building (e.g. room or floor reorganisation): 1 week.
- A move between floors of the same building: 2 weeks
- A move between buildings: 1 month
- A large number of people moving (more than 20): 1 month
What information do I need to provide ISD about my office move?
Information we need ASAP
- The date of the move
- The name of the department or group that is moving
- The number of devices (PCs, printers etc) moving
- Full details (building, floor, room(s) of where you are moving from
- Full details of where you are moving to
- Whether the department/office is moving in stages or all on the same day.
- The IP range(s) that are moving.
- If you require floor plans (with socket numbers) for the locations that you are moving to and from
Information we require at least 3 days before the move
- The port numbers that you would like patched in the new location
- The currently used port numbers in the location you are moving from (only needed if moving within building)
- Any special networking requirements
Who should I send the information to?
All the information should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org