All visitors to UCL who require WiFi access via the UCLGuest service will need a member of UCL staff to act as a sponsor in order to obtain a UCL user account or a conference event code for the visitor so that they can use the service
- UCLGuest does not require the installation of any software.
- UCLGuest can be enabled in all locations where the eduroam wireless service is available.
Only the following users are eligible to act as sponsors and create visitor accounts:
- Room Bookings
- Library staff
- Departmental Administrators
- IT Managers
- Departmental Computer Representatives
For a list of departmental authorised sponsors please click one of the link below:
Please note that Room Bookings and Library Staff may not be shown. Also, external conference organisers cannot create accounts themselves so must speak to their UCL contact to organise the visitor accounts.
How to sponsor a visitor to UCL
There are two methods of sponsoring a visitor/visitors to UCL. The method used will depend on the number of visitor accounts to be created. Visitor Accounts are created using the UCLGuest Manager. Use the guide below to create visitor accounts.
- Create an event code for a Conference (suitable for a group of 10 or more visitors).
- Create individual user IDs and passwords (suitable for a group of less than 10 visitors).