Photographic and Group Photography Charges
Standard photography charges
We aim to keep our charges competitive and fees are based on an hourly rate of £40.00, we have a minimum charge of £10.00. Our normal operating hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. For any work requests which are required outside of these hours, we charge £50.00 per hour and £80.00 per hour at weekends. Out of hours work is by arrangement and availability only.
We often work with and for external UCL commercial, industrial & research partners also suppliers. Our costs start from £60.00 per hour, VAT is charged at the current rate for this work.
Student and/or Staff Groups
We charge £40.00 per group, this includes one proof print and a web sized digital image.
Scanning and "Flat copy" charges
High resolution scanning / copying – From Artwork, Document, Print, Transparencies (Slides) or Negatives
|Scan Type - size||1||2 - 10||11 - 50||51 - 99||100+|
|HQ Scan for Print output e.g.A2 @ 300ppi, 8 or 16bit 100mb||10.00||9.00||8.00||7.00||By Quotation|
|HQ Scan for Print up to A4 @ 300ppi, 8 or 16bit – 25mb||10.00||7.00||6.00||5.00||By Quotation|
|From 35mm slide for print at approx A4||10.00||6.00||5.00||4.50||By Quotation|
|Auto-Scan from 35mm slide@ 300ppi||5.00||3.00||2.50||2.00||By Quotation|
Copying of Artwork, Prints and Published items for UCL teaching purposes
|COPY from Artwork||1||2 - 10||11 - 50||51 - 100||100+|
|.tif, .jpg, .png or .gif||5.00||4.50||4.25||4.00||By Quotation|
Flatbed scanning of Documents or prints
|Quantity||1||2 - 10||11 - 50||51 - 100||100+|
|Tiff or Jpeg||5.00||4.60||4.30||4.00||By Quotation|
|inc. OCR Pdf||2.50||1.80||1.40||1.00||0.50|
Photographic quality print charges
We produce high quality prints on campus. Printing is undertaken using inkjet technology, Our service offers printing up to A2+ in size.
For the production of posters and for prints A2+ and above, please visit the Design web pages for pricing and further information.
Our workflow is a professional, colour profiled process.
|Print Size||6"x 4”||6” x 9"||A4||A3||6” x 16”||A2|
Specifications of digitisation services offered
- All “Hasselblad Flextight” High Quality scans are inclusive of cleaning, colour balancing, cropping and retouching where needed, scans are provided at 300dpi unless otherwise requested.
- PowerPoint and Web quality scans are ‘dust busted’ colours balanced and cropped and are provided at 96dpi and at 1024 pixels (width or height).
- "Auto-Scans" are “full frame”, dust busted with auto colour correction applied and are provided at 300dpi unless otherwise requested.
- Digital copying of artwork, photographic prints, published material, books and other similar artefacts are undertaken using either Hasselblad or Canon high quality digital cameras.
- Document scans are produced using a machine fed bulk scanner with auto settings applied.
- All images are colour profiled and saved as "AdobeRGB-1998 " unless requested otherwise.
- All images are written to either CD or DVD as required. Web scans can be emailed.