Be aware that most content is linked to Microsoft documentation.
Notifications and Alerts
- How can I make the IM sound alerts more prominent so that I don’t miss incoming IM requests?
- How do I turn off IM alert sounds?
- How do I set an alert to notify me as soon as a particular contact becomes available?
- Can I disable the pop-up notification that appears when someone wants to start an IM conversation with me?
- Can I change the default size, color, content, or behaviour of the pop-up IM notifications I am getting?
Instant Messaging Conversations
- Where can I find previous IM conversations, calls, or IM requests I may have missed?
- How do I save or stop saving previous IM conversations?
- Can I select which IM conversations I want to save?
- How do I email an IM conversation?
- What types of information can I copy and paste into an instant message?
- Can I use spellchecking in my Skype for Business (Lync) instant messages?
- Can I add customized emoticons to my Skype for Business (Lync) instant messages?
- How do I change fonts in my IMs?
- Can I recall (block the delivery of) an instant message?
- How do I add sharing, audio, or video to an IM conversation?