Remote working: How to connect to SLMS Sync & Share storage using Windows
Using Windows Connection App to connect to SLMS Sync & Share storage from offsite
- Must have an active UCL account and be part of SLMS
- A working Internet connection, broadband (ADSL, Cable or Fibre) recommended
- An active VPN connection to UCL network
If you are using a VPN connection, large files will take time to open as they are effectively copied to your machine. They will also take time to save as they are copied back.
- Make sure your VPN connection is active (VPN connection instructions)
Access ShareMounter App
- Download “ShareMounter.exe” from http://www.ucl.ac.uk/isd/itforslms/downloads/ShareMounter.exe
- Double click the application to run.
In the IT for SLMS ShareMounter window, supply your username and password
- User name: eg rmgzrtp
- Password: UCL Password
- Click OK
- Choose which drives you would like to connect to by ticking them. If your local system is already using the drive letters we use as standard, you may need to choose different letters. Select either group1, group2, group3, group4, group5, group6 or group7 for group drive connections. Normally though you can leave the default drive letter selections.
- Click Finish to complete the connection.
- You will now be able to access the drives you selected.
- A VPN connection was not established before running the “ShareMounter.exe”.
- Forgotten password, you can have it reset by using MyAccount password reset service or by emailing your IT for SLMS support contact to open a support request (remember to include an additional secondary email that we can contact you on).