Remote working: How to connect to SLMS Sync & Share storage using Windows
Using Windows Connection App to connect to SLMS Sync & Share storage from offsite
- Must have an active UCL account and be part of SLMS
- A working Internet connection, broadband (ADSL, Cable or Fibre) recommended
- An active VPN connection to UCL network
If you are using a VPN connection, large files will take time to open as they are effectively copied to your machine. They will also take time to save as they are copied back.
- Make sure your VPN connection is active (VPN connection instructions)
Access ShareMounter App
- Download “ShareMounter.hta” from http://www.ucl.ac.uk/isd/itforslms/downloads/ShareMounter.hta
- Double click the application to run.
In the IT for SLMS ShareMounter window, supply your username and password
- User name: eg rmgzrtp
- Password: UCL Password
- Click Map Drives
- You will now be able to access the drives you selected.
- A VPN connection was not established before running the “ShareMounter.hta”.
- Forgotten password, you can have it reset by using MyAccount password reset service or by emailing your IT for SLMS support contact to open a support request (remember to include an additional secondary email that we can contact you on).