Remote working: How to connect to SLMS Sync & Share storage using Mac OS X
Using OS X Connection App to connect to SLMS Sync & Share storage from offsite
- Must have an active UCL account and be part of SLMS
- A working Internet connection, broadband (ADSL, Cable or Fibre) recommended
- An active VPN connection to UCL network
- If you are using a VPN connection, large files will take time to open as they are effectively copied to your machine. They will also take time to save as they are copied back.
- Make sure your VPN connection is active (VPN connection instructions)
- Download “SLMS-mount.dmg” from http://www.ucl.ac.uk/isd/itforslms/downloads/SLMS-mount.dmg
- Double click the disk image to open.
- Drag the SLMS-mount application into the Application folder (you can now close and discard the SLMS-mount.dmg)
- Open SLMS-mount application from your Applications folder
Supply your UCL username and password
- User name: eg rmgzrtp
- Password: UCL Password
- Wait 10 seconds
- You will now be able to access your network drives, they are present on the desktop and via the Volumes link in your Finder sidebar. The sidebar is present in all OS X applications Save and Open dialogs.
- A VPN connection session was not established before running the “SLMS-Mount”.
- Forgotten password, you can have it reset by using MyAccount password reset service or by emailing your IT for SLMS support contact to open a support request (remember to include an additional secondary email that we can contact you on).