UCL Software Database: Accessing the software database
The system has been designed to make software available to users at their desks. For more information please visit the About the Software Database
Before you start…
To use the software database you will need the following:
- A UCL user ID and password
- Web browser software - Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer 8 onwards are supported.
- Read and understood the UCL Information security policy in particular the UCL Computing Regulations (Acceptable Use Policy)
If you do burn a CD/DVD please take care that it does not fall into unauthorised hands as it will be traceable to you. You will be able to download the software more than once so we recommend you do not burn to a CD.
To access the software database click on the link below or copy and paste into a browser www.ucl.ac.uk/isd/software
And click on the Connect to the UCL Software Database button. You will then be presented with the following screen:
Fig 1 – software database home page
This screen gives you a list of software applications in the database and allows you to search the list.
Related guides & other info
- Searching for details of software package or application
- Downloading software
- Installing software you have downloaded
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Purchasing team