Silva CMS: user settings
Each person who edits in Silva will need to set their so-called 'user-settings' which means they need to complete their full name, add their email address and ensure the default editor is 'kupu'.
You will only have to this once for each website you are allowed to edit in Silva.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
Why set your user settings?
- so that all other editors can see who has been editing
- so that Web & Mobile Services has the email addresses of all editors in case we need to notify everyone
- so that the correct editing 'mode' i.e. KUPU has been set
Set your user settings
- Log on to the site or page you have editing rights for by putting /edit after the URL and provide your UCL UserID and password. Alternatively, click on the grey cross at the bottom-right of the screen;
- Click on the user settings link in the bottom left-hand corner of the page;
- Ensure that the correct name and email address is shown. If not, change it to your name and email address;
- Select Kupu as the preferred editor. Now, when you edit a page, the Kupu editor will be loaded by default;
- Click Save to finish and Close the user settings.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org