Silva CMS: submit a web page for approval - authors ONLY
If you're an author, you need to request
approval of your content, by clicking on the Request approval button
at the top of the page.
Your site's Editor or Chief Editor will then review it, publish it, or inform you why it's not published.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
You will need to have set your User Settings - see below!
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
You can request approval for:
- a web page;
- for a folder containing a number of web pages;
- for a publication containing many folders.
Approval for a web page
- Navigate to the web page you wish to submit for publication.
- Click on the publish tab in the top navigation bar of the Silva management area. This will take you to the publication status area.
- Fill in the request for approval form; you can add a note to the Chief Editor if you wish, and click request approval.
- The Chief Editor can respond to you via email.
- If the Chief Editor approves or rejects your request, you will be notified. At any time in between you can withdraw your request by visiting the document and clicking the revoke approval button.
Approval for a Silva folder or Silva publication
Navigate to the folder or publication you wish to submit to an editor for publication. Continue using the steps for approval for a single web page located above.
Related guides & other info
- Check your user settings and make sure you have included your email address.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact email@example.com