Silva CMS: stylesheet
You can add styles to a website using the Silva stylesheet.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
|You must be familiar with CSS to use this object and we do not encourage it as it can cause problems when people leave UCL and their replacement doesn't know CSS.|
Add CSS to one or more pages
- Go to the contents page of the folder you wish to style;
- Select Silva Stylesheet on the drop-down menu;
- Click 'New', then 'Save and Edit' with the default object title;
- Select the set of styles you wish to edit, and click change;
- Simply insert the CSS into the relevant selector.
It's also worth noting the Custom CSS option which allows you to add any other CSS which may not be in the pre-set selector options.
You can also control the specificity of the CSS selectors by giving a relevant prefix (or none at all) in the CSS prefix text box (at the bottom of the page).
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact email@example.com