Silva CMS: separate footer
You can have a footer appear at the bottom of all your pages of a website or within a folder. It can be used to:
- put partner logos in;
- give the contact details more prominence;
- add details of the web editor.
Demo of footer - it appears on all the demo page at the bottom!
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
This is a 2-step process:
- Ensure you are at the root of the site in editing mode;
- Open the UCL Attributes;
- Tick the box next to Insert departmental contacts footer;
- Create a new Silva document with the ID: contacts and Title xxxx
- Populate the page with the relevant information; you may not need a title;
- Save and publish the Silva document.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org