Silva CMS: retrieve an earlier version of a page
If you have to return to a previous version of a web page, you can retrieve this version.
Authors cannot do this!
Also, if it is the first time you have created a page and then forgot to save, you cannot retrieve!
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor or Editor access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
1. Go to the web page in question in editing mode;
2. Select the publish tab along the top;
3. Select two tick boxes in the list of published versions;
4. Select compare.
This will allow you to compare the versions against each other.
Once you are happy that you have identified the copy that you want to revert to, make a note of the version number and do the following:
1. Select the publish tab again;
2. Select the tick box of the version you want to revert to;
3. Select copy for editing;
4. Then select the editor tab to return and start editing the version you have retrieved.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact email@example.com