Silva CMS: publish a web page
Once a web page has been written / edited, you need to publish it.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
Chief Editors and Editors can publish (i.e. make 'live') a web page or Silva document.
If you're an author, you need to request approval for your content.
- Ensure you have previewed and saved the web page;
- Click on the publish now button at the top right, below the view button.
Publishing a web page when at the root of a site or inside a folder
- Ensure you are at the root of the site or inside the folder;
- Tick the web page (s) you want to publish;
- Click on the green publish button at the bottom right-hand side of the page.
Publishing many web pages
- Navigate to the Publish tab;
- Check the boxes beside each web page you wish to publish;
- Click the publish now button.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact email@example.com