Silva CMS: new to Silva
I'm new to Silva but have attended the Intro to the Silva CMS course.
- Set your User Settings - you only need to do this once (per site).
- Bookmark this page with all the Silva information required
- The Chief Editor (CE) is usually the person who has been involved with the initial set-up of the site;
- Chief Editor's responsibilities
Ask your Chief Editor
- Ask the Chief Editor to give you access and ask what is expected of you;
- Ask the Chief Editor about Google Analytics for your site;
- Ask when you have meetings about the site;
- Ask what rules there are for images on your site;
Questions most asked:
- Why can't I delete a Silva page or folder?
- I need to upload documents. How do I go about this?
- Why should the URL be in lowercase with hyphens and not underscores?
- Why should I use meaningful IDs? - because of Search Engine Optimisation!
- Can I use Internet Explorer? I'm afraid not - use Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Why can't I use click here etc.?
- Why can't I use underscores in IDs?
- Why can't I see what I've just published? - there is a 30-minute (or less) delay before users can see the newly published content.