Silva CMS: left column
It is possible to add information in the left-hand column, below the navigation; it is often used for links, a news or events feature, a Twitter-feed etc.
In the standard Silva template, the main information is in the larger middle column and the left-hand column is used for navigation.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
Add information in the left column below the navigation
To create such a left-hand column to appear on ALL pages of your site is a 2-step process.
- Open the UCL Attributes Object at the root of the site and tick the box next to allow content in the left-hand column.
- Click on Save.
- Create a Silva document at the root of your site with the id: index_left.
- This is the only id you can use for this!
- Give it a Title e.g. Links
- Go to the document and type your text, add your Twitter-feed etc.
- The width of the column is <200 pixels - you'll need to experiment with this.
- Save and publish the Silva document.
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org