Silva CMS: image gallery
An image gallery will appear as a link in the left-hand navigation for users to click on and view the images.
Work with image galleries
- You may want to give users access to a number of photos which you can put in a gallery, allowing users to see all the photographs in one place.
- The Gallery will always become a link in the left-hand navigation bar. It is up to you to decide in which Folder you would like to place the Gallery.
- The example below makes the Gallery visible on the homepage.
There are other image galleries available as external sources!
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
This is a 2-step process:
Create a Silva Gallery:
1. Ensure you are at the root of your site in editing mode;
2. Click on the
drop-down arrow, to the right of new… and select Silva UCL Gallery;
1. Fill in an id in lowercase – this is required!
2. Fill in a title – this is required!
3. Click on save.
You now have a pink Folder at the root of the site or inside a folder e.g. Gallery.
Add Images to the Gallery
You now need to add images to the Gallery.
1. Click on the Gallery Folder;
2. Click on the drop-down arrow, to the right of new…
and select Silva Image;
3. Click on Browse and find the relevant image on
4. Click on Open;
5. Fill in an id in lowercase – this is required!
6. Fill in a title – this is required!
7. Click on save;
8. Continue with subsequent images until finished.
The Gallery is now ready and when refreshed, a link will appear in the left-hand navigation bar.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact email@example.com