Silva CMS: external source codes
An external code source or widget or app is a feature developed by Web & Mobile Services that provides users with extra features such as an image carousel, a tabbed box, a captioned image, a news or events feature etc.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
- Ensure you are in editing mode of the relevant Silva document;
- All code sources are accessed in the right-hand menu;
- Open up the external source to reveal the drop-down menu;
- Scroll down until you find the relevant code source;
- Click on it to select it;
- Click on add external source;
- In most cases you will be presented with a small area where you will have to provide further details, find a folder to reference etc.
- Finally, click on add external source;
- You will see a yellow strip across your Silva document with the title of the code source in it.
- Any changes to an existing code source can be made by clicking inside the yellow strip - this will automatically open up the code source to the right for making adjustments.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact email@example.com