Silva CMS: embed a YouTube video
You can embed a YouTube video on your website by 'embedding' the code.
YouTube can remove the video any time they like, so keep this in mind.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
- Find the embed code on the YouTube site;
Adjust the height and width to your needs;
- if placed in the middle column, don't exceed 450 pixels width
- if placed in the left or right column, don't exceed 185 pixels width
- Use the external code source HTML: insert HTML code to place the code;
- Click on add external source;
- Save and Publish.
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org