Silva CMS: delete a web page or folder
Before you can delete a page or folder, you always need to close the web pages (Silva document(s)).
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
Delete a web page
- Navigate to the web page;
- Close the web page;
- Tick the document you would like to delete;
- Press the red delete button.
If the web page is grey, it's already closed;
Delete a folder
You always need to close all the web pages before you can delete the folder.
- Enter the folder and close all web pages inside this folder;
- Check if there are any folders inside the folder as these are likely to contain web pages that need closing, too!
- Now navigate to the parent folder (i.e. the folder above the one you want to delete);
- Check the box by the folder you want to delete;
- Click delete (red button at the bottom of the page);
- You will be asked if you are sure;
- Click on OK;
- The folder will now have been deleted.
The quickest way is to navigate to the relevant folder in the contents tab, then click on the publish tab and tick all the web pages that need closing.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact email@example.com