Silva CMS: add a twitter feed
Twitter allows you to create a so-called widget in Twitter
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
You need to have the account name and password and then find the
instructions on your Twitter account under | Settings | Widgets.
- Once you’ve created the widget, you need to copy the ID e.g. 521664944184676519
- This ID you require to add Twitter, using the External Code source: Social Media: Twitter
- Complete the TwitterUserID e.g. UCLISD and the Widget ID which is the large number.
- Add the external source
- You will see the Tweets on the page where you pulled in the external code.
- Only add a Twitter account that has a vibrant conversation which is regularly updated.
- Do NOT add a Twitter account if you are repeating information that is already on the website e.g. the announcement of a conference, open day etc.
- Do NOT add a Twitter account if you don't tweet regularly.
- Remember that adding a Twitter account will put 'weight' onto your website i.e. make it slower to load!
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact email@example.com