Silva CMS: add or remove white space between text or objects
Sometimes you want to create space e.g. between an image and the text below.
You can do this with a paragraph break, i.e. by pressing 'Enter', but this doesn't always have the desired effect.
You can use some very basic HTML to create white space.
- Don't use empty tables to create such a space as this is very unhelpful for people who use screen readers;
- Don't use full stops to create space.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
- Ensure you are in editing mode on the relevant page;
- Use the HTML: insert HTML code external code source and put <br> for one space and by adding more if you want more space i.e. <br><br><br> etc.;
- Click on add external source;
- Save and preview;
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org