Send emails in HTML or plain text in Thunderbird
You can compose email messages in HTML format or in plain text.
HTML allows you to control various elements such as the font, font size, colour and alignment. HTML messages can also contain pictures. Plain text messages are generally smaller and use less space in your mailbox, but you can’t format them.
This guide explains how to set your messages to either HTML or plain text.
This guide is aimed at...
In a New Message window:
1. Click on the Options tab at the top of the new message.
2. Now select Delivery Format and you will have a list of options to send emails in:
- Plain Text Only
- Rich Text (HTML) Only and
- Plain and Rich (HTML) Text
Fig 1. Location of Preferences option
View a larger version
Related guides and other info:
- Delete and recover deleted items
- Add an attachment
- Add a signature
- Create a message rule
- Show/hide bcc field
- Search for messages