Register your ID card with Print@UCL
If you are using the Print @ UCL service you will first need to register your UCL ID card with the system in order to link your card to your computer user account, this guide explains how to do this.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- You will need your UCL ID card
- You will need access to a Print @ UCL Multi-function Device (Xerox)
Please note: When you first use a Print @ UCL Multi-Function Device (MFD), you MUST register with your UCL ID card. This process will associate the owner of the ID card with their UCL login account . This will only need to be once unless you get a replacement ID card. It is NOT recommended that you use RFID cards such as Oyster or Contactless bankcards to register on print@UCL
Before going to Step 1, please ensure that you have your UCL user ID and UCL password ready.
(You can also use this procedure when you forget your card. Or, if you haven't registered a card on the system. Select the ALTERNATE LOGIN icon on the front panel, start at Step 3.)
1. At the MFD, tap your UCL ID card on the card reader
Fig 1 - Print @ UCL card reader
2. You will now be prompted to enter your UCL user ID (or UCL username) in the format of: 'cceaxxx' or similar, then press Done.
S3. Enter your UCL Password and press Done.
Fig 2 - Enter your password screen
Note: As on your PC, your UCL user ID and password credentials are case sensitive. If you need to enter a symbol in your password, press the Shift key and this will display alternative characters and well as uppercase letters. If your symbol does not appear press and hold the closest symbol, which will display other variations.
4. Please wait while the system confirms your login details.. This may take up to several minutes.
Fig 3 - Home screen on a Print @ UCL MFD
5. You have now successfully logged in and are presented with the machine user functions. Your ID card is now authenticated and associated with your UCL account and the next time you wish to use any device just tap your card on the reader.
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services