Opening a shared folder in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
This guide explains how to open another person’s email folder that has been shared with you.
Before you start...
- To open a shared folder, you will need to have been given permission to access first.
- Check your browser compatibility to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for using OWA.
If you have been given permission to access another user's folder:
1. Right-click Folders (located within the left-hand folder list).
2. Select Add shared folder.
3. Enter the name or email address of the individual within the provided search field and select the correct result from the list. Select Add.
4. The account name of the individual will now be visible within the left-hand folder list. Select the drop-down arrow beside the account name to view the folders you have permission to.
Related guides and other info:
Help and support
- Contact the IT Services.
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.