Modify members of a shared mailbox or bookable resource security group in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
This how-to guide demonstrates how to modify the members of a shared mailbox or bookable resource security group using OWA.
Before you start...
- You will need to be a member of the Owner access group (for shared mailboxes) or the Admins access group (for bookable resources) to perform changes to group membership.
- Check your browser compatibility to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for using OWA.
1. In Mail view, click on Settings (visible as a cog wheel icon) within the top-right corner. Select View all Outlook settings.
2. A Settings window will appear. Select General. Select Distribution groups.
3. Under distribution groups I own, select the security group for your shared mailbox or resource you would like to update, then select Edit (visible as a pencil icon). Alternatively you can also open the list details by double clicking on it.
4. A new window will open with details about your chosen security group. Select Membership from the left-hand pane.
Tip: If you are not sure which security group to change or what level of access you should grant your new user, refer to the Shared Mailboxes page for guidance. You can also contact IT Services who can advise further.
To add a new user:
1. Within Membership, beneath Members, select Add (visible as a plus (+) icon).
2. You will be prompted to search for the new member from the directory (Global Address List). In the Search People field, type the name, user ID or email address of the new member.
3. Once you have found the person you want to add, either double click on their name, or select the name and then select Add (visible as a plus (+) icon) next to the name.
4. The chosen account will appear in the Members field above the Search People field. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for any other new members. Select Save.
5. You will be returned to the Membership section with the newly specified members listed. Select Save to apply your changes and add the new users.
To remove a user:
1. Within Membership, beneath Members, select the person you wish to remove. Select Remove (visible as a minus (-) icon).
2. Select Save to apply your changes.
Related guides and other info:
Help and support
- Contact the IT Services.