Installing the Citrix Workspace for Desktop@UCL on a machine running Windows 10
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- Access to a Windows 10 computer connected to the internet
- You need to know your UCL user ID and password
- It is strongly recommended that you have an up to date anti-virus software installed on your computer UCL staff and students can install FSecure for free.
Important: If you are already using Citrix Program Neighbourhood or Citrix Xen App on a standalone machine these should be removed before installing Citrix Workspace as it may cause a conflict. If you still require these then please use the web only access instead.
1. Go to Citrix website and download the Workspace for Windows.
2. Click Download. Click Save File on the pop up box.
3. Locate this file from your Downloads folder and double click the file.
4. Click Run.
5. On the Citrix Workspace Installation dialogue box click Start.
6. Accept the license agreement by ticking the checkbox and click Next.
7. Click No,Thanks. on the next screen and then click Install.
8. When installation has completed successfully click Finish. You do not need to add an account.
10. You do not need to do anything else. Just follow the instructions on the How to login to Desktop @ UCL Anywhere page and it will automatically detect and use the workspace.
A further guide is also available directly from Citrix.
Related guides & other info
- How to add and launch applications
- Accessing the windows desktop from Citrix Workspace
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.