Install and Log in to Skype for Business for Windows Phone
The Skype for Business app is available for download on Windows Phone 8.1. This guide explains how to download and sign in to the application.
This guide is aimed at...
Before you start...
- A Windows Phone with Windows 8.1 operating system installed.
- A UCL userID and password.
1. Download the Skype for Business app by visiting the Microsoft mobile clients website.
2. Navigate to your apps list and select Skype for Business.
Fig 1. Launching Skype for Business
3. A welcome screen will initialize. Select the Next arrow icon to continue.
Fig 2. Skype for Business Welcome screen
4. Log in using the following credentials:
Sign-in Address: youruserID@ucl.ac.uk
Password: Your UCL Password
Tick or un-tick Save My Password to your preference and select the tick icon to sign in.
Fig 3. Sign In Prompt
5. You will be prompted for a telephone number to use within Skype for Business. Enter a telephone number and select the Next arrow icon.
Note: Using landline telephone numbers is not currently enabled for this service.
Fig 4. Telephone number required
6. You will be prompted to allow usage data to be sent anonymously to Microsoft as per the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Select No, thanks to proceed.
Fig 5. Customer Experience Improvement Program prompt
7. You will be prompted to enable Push Notifications and allow access to your phonebook. For Push Notifications, move the slider to on. Set Allow phonebook access to your preference and select the Next arrow icon.
Fig 6. Push Notifications and Allow phonebook access
8. Skype for Business will now be logged in and available for use.
Fig 7. Skype for Business setup completed
9. To Sign Out of Skype for Business, select the ... icon > Sign out.
Fig 8. Sign Out prompt
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.