Indigo: add a video carousel
Show more than one video in a 'video-carousel' and, if appropriate, add an 'overlay' explaining what the video is about:
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
Preparing the folder
- Ensure you have the videos prepared and on the UCL's streaming server, Vimeo or YouTube
- Create a folder called Video carousel assets
- Ensure you now add each video to the above folder, using Carousel Video from the drop down menu
- Add an ID in lowercase and a title - NB you need to know what the video is about to be able to give it a suitable ID and title
- Click on save and edit
- Add the video ID and the source - see below for an example
- Ensure you have written the text for each overlay using a Silva document for each one
- Ensure all videos and overlay documents are in the Video carousel assets folder - see example below:
- Go to the page where you want to add the carousel
- Click on external source to the right
- Choose Indigo: carousel (images and video)
- Click on add external source
- Click on get reference to find the relevant folder with the videos
- Complete the necessary fields
- Save and publish
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org