Indigo: add banner image
You can add a banner image to your website. To the homepage or to any other section of your website:
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
Instructions - I just want an image for the homepage
If you are replacing an existing banner image, it will take time for it to show!!!
- Have an image ready with the following pixels: 1470x420px
- Place the image at the root of your site.
- Once it has appeared at the root of your site, rename it to 'banner-head-image' for its ID
- So... make sure the image doesn't have .jpg or png. in its ID!
- Go to the properties tab and scroll down - tick the box next to 'Is there a header image in this section of the web site?'
- The banner will appear and its title will show at the bottom-right in the corner of the image - see demo above
- If you would like to remove the text for the image, tick the relevant box in Properties.
Instructions - I want a banner image on all pages
If you want the banner image to appear on all pages, then place the relevant image inside that folder and, you need to tick 'Is there a header image in this section of the website?' for that folder - this sits in 'Properties'.
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact email@example.com