Indigo: add an anchor
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
Instructions - in 2 steps
- Type the text for the link(s) at the top of the page from where the user can 'jump' to the text below.
- The text should be the same as the headings for the text below.
- Scroll to the heading of the first block of text.
- Above the heading, click on 'external source' on the right and choose Indigo: add an anchor
- Type a name for the anchor - keep it short
- Go to the link text at the top
- Link the text to the anchor in the link box on the right by typing hashkey (#) followed by the word you chose for the anchor e.g. #can
- Save and publish the page
Adding a 'Back to Top' link - only use this on very long pages
- At the bottom of the page type ^ Back to Top
- Select 'Back to Top'
- Below 'get link reference', put #top i.e. the same place where you would put an external link
- Click on add link
- Save and Publish
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact email@example.com