How to login to Desktop@UCL Anywhere (full version) - CWA
This guide will show you how to log in to Desktop @ UCL Anywhere remote access service.
This guide is aimed at...
Before you start...
You will need:
- Your UCL user ID and password
- An internet connection
- A computer, tablet or smartphone running one of the supported web browsers
We recommend opening a second tab on your browser so you can continue to follow this guide.
IMPORTANT: For the best user experience it is strongly recommended that you install the Citrix Workspace before logging into Desktop @ UCL Anywhere for the first time. Once installed please follow the guide below. You will only need to do this once and the Citrix Workspace will automatically be used in the future.
If you already have an older version of the Citrix Workspace (previously Receiver) installed you may have logging in issues. It is therefore recommended you update to the latest version before logging in for the first time.
If you connecting for the first time or on a new device, skip the next sectiona nd review "Adding a new account or logging in for the first time" below.
Amending your existing account .
1. To amend your account on Citrix Workspace, click on the down arrow next to 'Menu' on the Citrix Workspace homepage.
2. Remove any existing accounts which reference 'mydesktop.ucl.ac.uk.'
3. Double click on the account to check and click 'add'
Adding a new account or logging in for the first time
1. To add a new account dialogue box will open. Type ucldesktop.cloud.com the desktop @ UCL Anywhere address into the address box and click continue
Fig 1. Citrix Workspace Homepage
2. You will now need to enter your UCL username and password. Enter your username using the format UserID@ucl.ac.uk.
Fig 2. Citrix Workspace Login Window
3. Some users may see a dialogue box asking you to choose Birkbeck or Store. Please choose Store.
Once logged into Desktop @ UCL via your web browser or Citrix Workspace you will be presented with the Workspace page
Fig 3. Workspace landing page
You can then choose to run an app or the full Desktop @ UCL Anywhere Windows desktop.
4.Once you have finished using Desktop @ UCL Anywhere please click Sign out from the start menu.
Help & Support
For further assistance please contact IT Services.