How to login to Desktop@UCL Anywhere
This guide will show you how to log in to Desktop @ UCL Anywhere remote access service.
This guide is aimed at...
Before you start...
You will need:
- Your UCL user ID and password
- An internet connection
- A computer, tablet or smartphone running one of the supported web browsers
We recommend opening a second tab on your browser so you can continue to follow this guide.
IMPORTANT: For the best user experience it is strongly recommended that you install the Citrix Workspace before logging into Desktop @ UCL Anywhere for the first time. Once installed please follow the guide below. You will only need to do this once and the Citrix Workspace will automatically be used in the future.
If you already have an older version of the Citrix Workspace (previously Receiver) installed you may have logging in issues. It is therefore recommended you update to the latest version before logging in for the first time.
1. Once Citrix Workspace is installed click the icon to open the app.
2. The Add Account dialogue box will open. Type my.desktop.ucl.ac.uk, the desktop @ UCL Anywhere address into the address box and click Add
Fig 1. Citrix Workspace Server Address box.
3. You will now need to enter your UCL username and password. Enter your username using the format AD\UserName. Note: A small number of users may find they need to omit AD\ and use their user name alone in order to log in successfully.
Click Sign In
Fig 2. Citrix Workspace Login Window
4. Some users may see a dialogue box asking you to choose Birkbeck or Store. Please choose Store.
Once logged into Desktop @ UCL via your web browser or Citrix Workspace you will be presented with the StoreFront page
Fig 3. StoreFront page
You can then choose to run an app or the full Desktop @ UCL Anywhere Windows desktop. Please refer to the guides below for more help using Citrix StoreFront.
5.Once you have finished using Desktop @ UCL Anywhere please click Sign out.
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.