How to install Adobe windows
This guide explains how to install and activate Adobe windows products
This guide explains how to install and activate Adobe windows products downloaded from UCL Software Database.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
Before installing any Adobe software, ensure that you have purchased the correct number of licenses and have removed any Adobe trial software. If you have not, then please purchase a licence from ISD Purchasing via an Electronic IDT.
1. Ensure that both File1 and File2 of the software version you are licensed for have been downloaded completely before proceeding and are in the same download location. Double click on File1 (.exe file) to start the installation process
- File1 ends in a .exe file extension
- File2 ends in a .7z file extension
Fig 1 - File 1 and File 2 win files
2. Click next to extract the installation files onto your desktop.
Fig 2 - Extraction path location
Fig 3 - Extracting files
3. Once extracted, the initializing installer window will come up
Fig - 4 Initializing Installer
4. The welcome Install / Try window will come up, Select Install
Fig 5 - Install: I have a serial number
5. Accept the software agreement
Fig 6 - Adobe software agreement
6. Enter serial key
Fig 7 - Enter serial key
7. Click Sign in now to activate product
Fig 8 - Sign in required
8. Either sign in with your Adobe ID (not UCL ID) or create an Adobe ID
Fig 9 - Sign in with Adobe ID
8. Click Install
Fig 10 - Install
9. The UAC security window will come up, click yes to proceed.
Fig 11 - UAC window
Fig 12 - Installing
11. Installation complete
Fig 14 - Installation complete
Related guides & other info
- How to install Acrobat mac
- How to install Adobe CC device win
- How to install Adobe CC device mac
- How to install Adobe CC user
- Searching for details of software package or application
- Downloading software
- Installing software you have downloaded
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.