Information Services Division


How to get an ID card for Departmental Visitors

Staff and students can collect a UCL ID card as soon as their contract starts or they have enrolled. Departmental visitors need to first be registered in the Services System before a card can be issued to them.

This guide is aimed at...

  • Students
  • Staff
  • IT Administrators
  • Visitors

Before you start...

If you are a visitor and need an ID card, your Departmental Administrator will need to register you in the Services System.

If you are a Departmental Administrator, you'll need to make sure you're registered to use the Services System before you can set up departmental visitors.


ID cards are available for visitors as soon as they are registered in the Services System - no special request is required.

For details on how to register your departmental visitors, see the companion How-to guides on:

Related guides & other info

Help & Support

For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.



We are continually improving our site, so please provide us any feedback on this web page using the form below. It would also be really useful if we could discuss your feedback with you, so if you are happy to be contacted please include your UCL email address in 'Email' field below.

Please note: We can only respond to UCL email addresses

Help us improve this page