How to assign a participant to type closed captions
This guide explains how to assign someone to type captions in a meeting and in a webinar.
This guide is aimed at
- Click Live Transcript on the toolbar.
- Click Assign a participant to type. The participants window will open.
- Find the participant who you want to type closed captions and hover over their name.
- Click More.
- Select Assign to type Closed Caption.
Note: In a webinar, a manual captioner must be a co-host or panellist.
Once the host assigns you the ability to type closed captions, a notification will appear in your meeting controls. To enter closed captions as a participant:
- Click Closed Caption. This will open up the closed caption box.
- Type the closed captions in the box.
- Press Enter to submit your closed captions.
Note: Only one participant can be assigned to type closed captions in a meeting; so, it is only possible to have one breakout session with closed captioning.
How to guides
- How to display the transcript as closed captions
- Using live captions in a Zoom meeting
- Manual transcription
- Schedule a meeting
- Keyboard shortcuts (Zoom content - external site)