Enrol on to Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
This guide is aimed at
- Staff in MFA pilot only
Before you start
- You should only complete these instructions if you have received an email from the project group inviting you to enrol on to MFA.
You will need your phone. At a minimum you will need either an iOS, an Android device or a device with an operating system that supports running Android applications to enrol on to MFA.
1. To register for MFA or update your details, please visit https://aka.ms/MFASetup on your computer.
2. If you are not already logged in use your UCL credentials to authenticate.
2. You will see the More information required prompt. Click Next.
Fig.1 - More information required
3. Enter your UCL password to authenticate.
4. On the Microsoft Authenticator window. Select Download now.
On your mobile device navigate to the application marketplace/ app store appropriate for your mobile device’s operating system. Download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
Note: To use a different Authenticator Application select “I want to use a different authenticator app” and install the application onto your mobile device.
Fig.2 - Download now option
5. Select Next and progress to the stage where you have an authenticator application installed on your mobile device.
Fig.3 - Set up your account
6. Select Next to continue.
7. In authenticator app, follow the prompts to complete the wizard, and then choose the plus (+) sign or Add Account to add your account.
8. Use the authenticator app to scan the QR code on your computer screen. When prompted select Approve on the authenticator app to register the authenticator app to your account.
Fig.4 - Approve the app
10. Select Next to complete the MFA registration process.
Your account is now registered with MFA.
Updating your MFA settings
1. To update your MFA settings go to https://portal.office.com and click on your profile picture icon (in the top right hand corner) and then select My Account
2. In the following menu select Security Information
3. Update the required fields and confirm