Enabling Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) on your Windows XP Computer
Your machine must have DHCP enabled to work with our network. We have provided instructions on how to do this below.
Before you start...
In order to activate your connection you will need the following:
- Computer running Windows XP
- Network card & cable
- Click Start
- Go to Settings and select Network Connections
- Double click on Local Area Connection and then click Properties
- Select TCP/IP and click Properties
- Select Obtain an IP address automatically and "Obtain DNS server address automatically
- Click OK to close the window
- Click OK to close the Local Area Connection Properties window
- Click Close on the Local Area Connection Status window.
- Close the Network Connections control Panel
- You will then be prompted to restart your machine
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
- Further details on these components can be found on the Troubleshooting page.
- For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.