Enabling Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) on your Windows Vista Computer
Your machine must have DHCP enabled to work with our network. We have provided instructions on how to do this for each of the following operating systems. Click on the operating system that you are using for instructions.
Before you start...
In order to activate your connection you will need the following:
- Computer running Windows Vista
- Network card & cable
- Click Start (Windows ICON bottom left) and click Control Panel
- Select Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage network connections from the list of tasks
- Right click your Local Area Connection and click Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list and click the Properties button
- Select Obtain an IP address automatically
- Select Obtain DNS server address
- Click OK
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
- Further details on these components can be found on the Troubleshooting page.
- For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.