Drupal CMS: RSS Blog Feed
Learn to create an RSS Blog Feed in Drupal.
This guide is aimed at
- PG Students
Before you start
You need to be a Senior Editor, Editor or Author
When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
There is an example below.
Take note - you will get just the title and date of each blog post and you cannot control the number of posts.
This is a 2-step process:
Step 1 - create a feed in Drupal
Step 2 - place the blog feed on the page in question
- Create a feed by clicking in the top-toolbar on Content | Add content | Feed
- Put in the Title - e.g. Digital Education blog
- Put in the URL - e.g. https://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/digital-education/feed/ - NB it needs https as well as /feed/ at the end of the URL!!!!!
- Save and Publish
- Go to the page where you want to pull in the Blog
- Ensure you are in editing mode
- Click on the 'Insert RSS blog feed' icon on the editing toolbar
- Tick the relevant blog - and click on OK
- You will see some text in [square brackets] in the Editor
- You won't see the feed until you view the page after having saved and published
- Depending on your role:
if you are a Senior Editor: click on 'Publishing options - Draft (Current)' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Editor: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Author: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'needs review' from the drop-down menu
- If you need to put the page in the menu, check the instructions for putting a page in the website's menu
- Finally, check you are happy with the result, including on a mobile device