Drupal CMS: Request and create feeds
How to request and create feeds in Drupal.
Request for a Drupal feed to be set up
Digital Presence will need to set up the feed(s) in the back end first before you can add the feed(s) to your site.
To request a feed, provide the following information and email email@example.com - you will need to provide this information for each feed you'd like set up:
- Which content type: Eg: News, Events, Publications, Case Study, Research Project, Policy
- Which site are the feed(s) to be added on: This is the site link where the new feed URL be added
- Which site are the feed(s) to be pulled from: This is the site link where the feeds are on
If you wish to filter content in your feed by subject, org unit etc contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Once Digital Presence have created the feed in the back end, you will then need to add the feed to your site.
For RSS feeds, send the URL of the blog to Web support.
Adding a feed widget to a page
Editors can put two different types of feed widgets into any page with a text editor. The widget typically displays five items with a link to the 'view all' page.
To add a 'view all' page, see further below.
- UCL content feeds: these are feeds of dynamic content (news, events, case studies) from Drupal.
How to add a content feed
- RSS feeds: these are RSS feeds from other platforms (e.g. WordPress)
How to add a blog feed